2 people die at Nocturnal Wonderland electronic music festival in Southern California

Two people died over the weekend under unspecified circumstances at the Nocturnal Wonderland electronic dance music festival at the Glen Helen Amphitheater in Devore, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said Thursday, Sept. 22.

The Sheriff’s Department would not say precisely when the people died or when or how they were discovered. The silence left it unclear whether the people became ill or were injured near the stages or in the camping area. The coroner’s website does not list the names of the two people.

The deaths are under investigation, the department said. No arrests in those cases were announced.

Some 70,000 people attended the four-day festival, the department said in a news release.

Deputies made arrests for being drunk in public, spousal abuse, rape, petty theft and domestic battery, the release said. Eight citations were written for being a minor in possession of alcohol and one person was cited for possession of illegal drugs. Eleven people were hospitalized for treatment of various illnesses or injuries.

A spokesperson for the concert promoter Insomniac, who didn’t provide a name, said in an email Thursday night that concert-goers are subject to a “TSA-style search” that includes emptying pockets and bags and being patted down. Campers’ cars, luggage and other belongings are searched.

The first Nocturnal Wonderland was held in Los Angeles in 1995. Since then, it moved around to San Bernardino and Indio before landing in Devore in 2013.

The Sheriff’s Department asked anyone with information on the deaths to call 909-387-3545. Anonymous tips may be left on the WeTip hotline at 800-782-7463 or the website at wetip.com.

  EXPLAINER: Mexican army's role in students' disappearance

Related Articles

Crime and Public Safety |

Mission College rape lawsuit ends with $7.6 million settlement for disabled woman

Crime and Public Safety |

3 suspects arrested in $5 million California smash-and-grab jewelry heist

Crime and Public Safety |

4 more former California all-boys Catholic school students allege teacher sexually assaulted them

Crime and Public Safety |

Man admits fatally striking 18-year-old pedestrian with vehicle after ‘political argument,’ police say

Crime and Public Safety |

Judge dismisses case against California restaurant owner who violated COVID restrictions

…read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Latest News

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *