Antonio Brown says he looks “forward to new beginnings” after NFL announces 8 game suspension

If Antonio Brown wasn’t untouchable as a free agent before for NFL teams, he almost certainly is now.

On Friday, the NFL announced the former Steelers wide receiver would be suspended for eight games as a result of a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy. Along with his suspension, the NFL is directing Brown to continue getting counseling and treatment.

The league had been investigating Brown after an artist who did work at his home accused him of sexual misconduct last year stemming from an incident she says occurred when she worked there in 2017.

He also pleaded no contest in June to a felony burglary with battery charge related to an incident in January with a moving truck company at his house in Florida.

Things were spiraling for Brown. This seems to be just another layer to it. This time, though, he doesn’t appear to be lashing out or appealing the NFL’s decision.

In an Instagram post on Friday, Brown said he’s ready for new beginnings.

View this post on Instagram

I look forward to new beginnings. I want to be the best version of myself on and off the field, and I will do my best to be a great teammate. I appreciate the NFL giving me the opportunity to continue to work on myself and improve. I am thankful and grateful for this opportunity to play a game that I truly love and I look forward to joining a new team soon. Thank you to my family and all those that have supported me. I will show the fans my appreciation for this second chance by having the best season of my career. #AB2.0 #Himmothy

  James Harden played amazing defense against Giannis in Rockets win, and their beef continues

A post shared by AB (@ab) on Jul 31, 2020 at 6:47pm PDT

It’ll take a while for that new beginning to start, it seems. At least if it involves being in the NFL.

…read more

Source:: ForTheWin

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *