Dear Abby: I don’t want to be associated with this bad musician

DEAR ABBY: I’m a musician — a bass guitar player. I’ve been playing for more than 50 years and have been told I’m very good.

Jeanne Phillips 

My problem is my neighbor. He plays guitar and writes songs, neither of which he does well.

From time to time, I’ll help him out by laying down the bass track for his songs. But lately he has begun referring to me as “my bass player.” I don’t want to be his bass player. I get no enjoyment from playing with him.

I try my best to avoid him now because he constantly asks me to play. Most of the time, I give him some lame excuse to avoid it. Is there any way I can get out of playing without telling him how I feel about his music?


Related Articles

Dear Abby: She used to be poor, and her attitude about money is annoying

Dear Abby: The bride says my boyfriend is invited but I’m not

Dear Abby: I’m annoyed by how he describes women

Dear Abby: I know something about my boss that other people are starting to suspect

Dear Abby: She hasn’t spoken to me since she saw my tattoo

DEAR NOT HIS BASS: You could tell him that your schedule is so full you don’t have time to do it, you have “other commitments” or you are concentrating on your own music these days. However, if those excuses don’t work, I guarantee that telling him the whole truth will.

DEAR ABBY: I’m eight months pregnant with my first child. My usually happy and positive mother is becoming increasingly quick to become negative or angry. The change in her personality has my husband and me concerned about our little one growing up around her.

  Lock in: Dozens stuck in England's highest pub after storm

We don’t want our child to assume these characteristics by imitating her grandmother. I can’t imagine Mom not being around her first grandchild, and I know I’ll need her help, but I can’t bear the thought of our child mirroring these behaviors. How do we proceed?


DEAR MOM: You may be worried needlessly, but try to figure out what is going on with your Mom that would account for her recent personality change.

Talk to her about it and raise your concerns. I say this because she may need to be examined by her doctor to determine if something is medically or neurologically wrong with her.

If nothing is wrong, you and your husband may need to decide if you would be more comfortable limiting your mother’s time with the baby and hiring someone to help you care for your child.

DEAR ABBY: My fiance …read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Latest News

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *