You can add contacts on Skype by searching for a name, phone number, or email address.
This search function is found in the “Contacts” section of the Skype app.
The process is about the same on both the mobile and desktop versions of Skype.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To make calls with friends, family, or coworkers, you’ll want to add contacts to your Skype account.
To do so, you’ll have to search for names, phone numbers, or emails in the “Contacts” section of the Skype app. You can do this both in the mobile app for iPhone and Android, and the desktop app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to add contacts on Skype in the mobile app
1. Open the Skype app on your iPhone or Android device and tap the “Contacts” tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. This will bring your to your contacts page, which is sorted alphabetically. Tap the “Add Contact” icon in the upper-right corner, which appears as a person’s head and shoulders next to a plus sign (+).
3. You can now search for the new contact that you want. Enter the person’s name, phone number, or email. You also have the option to invite friends by text message or email — this is good if they don’t already have a Skype account.
When you begin typing, Skype will automatically begin generating results. Simply tap the correct name once you’ve located it to add it to your contact list.
How to add contacts on Skype in the desktop app
1. Open the Skype app on your desktop and tap on the “Contacts” tab found in the upper left hand corner.
2. This will bring you to your contacts page, which is sorted alphabetically. Click the “Add Contact” button at the top of the sidebar on the left.
3. You can now search for the new contact that you want. Again, enter the person’s name, phone number, or email. You also have the option to invite friends to Skype if they don’t already have an account.
As you type, Skype will suggest results. When you find the account that you want, simply click the black “Add” button next to their name.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to delete your Skype contacts on a computer or mobile device
How to make a Skype call on your computer or mobile device, or start a group call
How to change your Skype display name, to make it easier for friends or employers to find you
How to make a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch
How to make a FaceTime call on your iPad
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
Source:: Business Insider – Tech